FAIRY GARDEN PARTY: THE MAGIC IS IN YOUR HANDS



There's no star too far, and no dream to grand. 

So shake the fairy dust and make a wish; the magic is in your hands.


I wish I could say that this magical fairy party theme was entirely my daughter's idea, but to be honest; I have to admit that I kind of took the lead on the theme (don't judge me!)  It's probably the last time I'll be able to "convince" her of a birthday theme so I took it!

The Vision

It all started when I came across the sweetest enchanted forest birthday photo on Instagram and I was instantly inspired! My daughter had just lost her first tooth and I knew she would love the idea of fairies.  However, my vision was to make it a bit more feminine and whimsical.  Don't get me wrong, my sweet girl has a very strong and feisty side as well but as a mom of both a boy and girl, I love creating gorgeous girly memories with her.  

 The Plan
  • Choose the date + location
  • Decide the theme/color scheme
  • Order Invitations
  • Reach out to your favorite small shops (They may be interested in a collaboration!)

We started planning our fairy garden party as a final reveal of our newly renovated back yard, so having that goal was a great motivator! We pretty much had it all thought out so my last and most important step was to reach out to all my favorite small shops that have always been a source of daily inspiration to me as a lifestyle blogger. 









Tie A Bow Rentals was extremely instrumental in supplying all the gorgeous details in order to present a beautiful dessert table along with all the charming accents throughout our fairy garden theme. Her shop is filled with everything you need to host your special events but don't necessarily want to purchase. The owner, Claudia was incredibly gracious and a dream to work with -- I can't thank her enough! 


From the beginning, I knew I wanted gorgeous paper flowers on the backdrop from The Ladi Page as soon as I settled on a theme. She's a New Jersey mom and a great supporter of moms in business so I was thrilled to get to work with her! Her site includes all combinations of beautiful paper flowers and much more! Thank you so much, Laura!


Mama Plus Three By The Sea, is also a small shop near and dear to my heart. Valerie the creator, brought a sweet personal touch to our rosette covered cakes with her custom cake toppers. Her shop is amazing at customizing pretty much anything! Thank you, Val! 






Princess Party Productions brought the fun and entertainment to our event! Danielle is an expert at becoming ANY cosplay character! This was the second time we arranged a party with Princess Party Productions and we were all so impressed with the number of goodies she brought along for the kids -- she's the best! Thank you, Danielle!








Krissy Face Painting worked her make-up magic on our little fairies! Her gorgeous face painting creations are so special and my daughter's make-up looked absolutely incredible! Thank you, Krissy! 





The Menu


Ok, let's talk about what I think is the hardest part about planning a party -- The Food.  I had lots of ideas about the menu but ultimately, I kept it simple and had the food catered from Wegmans! Online! It was so ridiculously easy to go online and order a "party package" or á la carte.  The food was so delicious and prepared right in oven-safe serving dishes for easy hosting. We ordered jerked pork with a delicious lime pesto cream sauce, yummy fried chicken, a variety of different kinds of focaccia bread, tiny curry chicken croissant sandwiches and we also had a friend put together several different charcuterie boards which were a total party fave with everyone! 







The Sugar Studio created our one of a kind, custom cookies and they were absolutely beautiful and so yummy! Dulce, the owner was super meticulous and creative with our cookie designs and I just loved how much charm they added to our dessert table! Thank you! 




Creative Twist Events helped this mama bring it all together! Joanne the owner is a party planning professional and her expert eye in creating special moments was invaluable in executing all the details just right.  Creative Twist Events also has an event boutique in beautiful downtown Metuchen, NJ. 


The icing on the cake (pun intended:) was our friend and super talented photographer, Thomas Campos. Without his incredible images, we wouldn't have these beautiful memories to look back on. I love his photography style and vibe and we were extremely lucky to have him and his beautiful family share such a special day with us. If you're looking for a photograph that has an incredible eye for detail, who's patient and flexible as well as a real passion for photography, shoot him a DM! He'll capture your special moments so you can sit back and enjoy your event. 




To my beautiful baby girl, Stella -- we're so happy you enjoyed your special day! 
We love you beyond!

Guys, it takes a village and this event came together because all of these amazing and talented professionals helped to bring our vision to life! If you're planning an event and are not sure where to start, I hope this blog has inspired and helped you to answers some of your questions. If there's anything that I haven't answered, please drop a comment down below or feel free to email me! I got you! Thank you all so much for the LOVE! 

-Giselle xo

All photos were taken by: Thomas Campos




Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes